Free Download Next-Gen Soft-Shadows
Faster to Render Soft Shadows for your Unity Game
The next iteration of the smoothest and fastest dynamic soft-shadows solution for Unity is here. Easier to integrate, faster to render, prettier than previous versions! Featuring powerful new tools, shadowing algorithms, optimizations and user friendly self-descriptive light components to improve the quality of your scene lighting. NGSS is the complete shadows replacement plugin for Unity, being used in top open world titles such as Facepunch Rust, Amplify Creations Decay Of Logos and many others. NGSS is the one stop go to skyrocket your projects shadows quality to cinematic CGI levels without any performance drawback, real time! Everyone agreed, this is how Unity shadows should look like!
A PCSS filter (Area-like soft-shadows) and a PCF filter (uniform soft-shadows). A powerful denoiser that skyrockets the base filters, acting as a separable filter and features screen space infinite Frustum Shadows with bilateral filtering and edge tolerance. Chose between blue noise or dithering. Samplers are stabilized at screen-space thus the shadow samplers jitters less while being Temporal friendly.
NGSS uses the least amount of sampling to filter out shadows while skipping fully lit or fully shadowed areas making it one of the fastest solution on the market for realistic penumbra shadows.
NGSS features a ground-breaking combination of kernel filters mainly based on Monte Carlo. The result is a high quality smothered dynamic penumbra shadows similar to raytraced shadows with superior banding and aliasing removal, making extremely tiny shadowmaps look outstanding.
Comes with one Wizard tool to install NGSS internal shadow libraries and is one click to install and one click to uninstall. Both Local shadows and Directional shadows provides it’s own libraries, they are independent from each other. NGSS provides shadow components to attach to your scene lights (all lights) that allow you to tweak shadow properties such as quality, softness opacity, etc at runtime.
Finally, NGSS replaces Unity shadows libraries internally, this allow NGSS to behave the same way as Unity shadows while being compatible with any packages on the AssetStore that uses the Standard (built-in) renderer.
- Frustum Shadows (screen space traced) with bilateral filtering for all lights types
- A powerful denoiser that act as a separable shadow filter on top of the base filter (multiplying the quality for free)
- PCSS (area-like soft-shadows) and PCF (uniform soft-shadows) filtering for all lights
- AR/VR support for all shadows
- Full Shadows on all platforms where Unity supports shadows (requires SM3.0 or up)
- Cascade Blending on all shadow projections
- Inline sampling support. Avoids duplicating RenderTextures, uses built-in lights depthmaps
- Filter Quality Set: from 4 up to 128 samplers (scales from mobile up to cinematic CG)
- Fast Shadows. Using custom aggressive early bailing out algorithms. Soften shadows only in the penumbra area, skip fragments that are fully lit or fully occluded.
- Fall back do built-in Hard-Shadows without uninstalling libraries
- Bonus, custom shadows bias for all
- Works locally by installing NGSS libraries or with remote cloud builds system by including the libraries directly into your shaders. Easy and quick setup.
- Not compatible with DX9 and GLES1/2!
- Compatible with AR/VR, DX11, DX12, PS4, XB1, SWITCH, GLCore, GLES3.0, Metal, Vulkan or equivalent APIs.
- Requires a minimum of SM3.0 on supported APIs.
- Supported Unity versions:
- Unity 2017 up to 2023 (Built-in Renderer only). HDRP & URP support coming in the future.
Stellar customer support. Custom inquiries and code modification for free. Most requests are answered almost instantly. Three years ago v1 launched, many updates and features implemented since then and lot of happy customers!
When Downloading our assets here at get free unity assets we operate under a NON COMMERCIAL USE purpose. So please bare this in mind when you download “Next-Gen Soft-Shadows“
We do hope you have some fun with this unity asset package and as always don’t forget to show us your completed projects!
If you Like our content then why not try something new and check our other free unity downloads
From The Get Free Unity Assets Team
Here at Get Free Unity Assets we aim to help games designers obtain the game assets they require to create their very own game. We do know creating games can be quite expensive, especially with all the unity packages available for download.
So we created this website to provide unity assets for free to our users. That’s right they are yours to download and use on your game projects. Please note though as part of our terms of service you can only use the assets found on this website for non-commercial purposes. If you wish to use them commercially you will need to source a full licence from the creator.
As for learning how to create your own games our free unity assets are perfect for beginners and advanced users alike so feel free to download them and use them. Please do remember to share with us your finished work, we love seeing new game content ideas.