Give your Games A Winter Aesthetic with Global Snow
Introducing Global snow from the creator of Beautify and Volumetric fog and mist. Global Snow is the most convenient, complete and beautiful solution to render your very own winter landscape scenes with just one click. Just ass the script to your camera and then customized the results.
Global Snow works with your existing scene, including standard Terrain, Tree and Grass, SpeedTree and many other shaders: you don’t have to change your shaders or use new snowed prefabs.
Global Snow is an all-in-one, drag & drop solution (with many options) that also plays nicely along with other terrain shaders as well.
Realistic snow with 4 rendering styles:
- PBR Relief Mapping, a full PBR + optimized volumetric approach which produces a 3D effect of snow bumps.
- PBR Normal-mapped snow, uses albedo, normals and specular workflow.
- Flat shading, a faster mode without normal modification which still looks great!
- Simplified unlit mode, simple yet convenient effect.
- Occlusions and Glitter
- Shadow System Compatible.
- Compatible with: Global Illumination
- Compatible with: Deferred and Forward Rendering Paths
- Compatible with: Gamma and HDR Colour Spaces
When using global snow you will notice some of it’s coverage features, to allow for a more complete winter look. Here is a breakdown of those features:
- Automatic snow coverage with exclusion options
- Snow can cover terrain, vegetation, buildings, transparent cut-out objects and opaque geometry.
- Altitude scattering
- Slope controls
- Ability to place holes.
- Integrated snow coverage painter in SceneView.
- Object snower tool.
- 3 snow footfalls audio clips included.
- Terrain marks.
- Camera frost effect.
- World Manager API compatible.
- Works great with other assets such as Vegetation Studio, Gaia, CTS and VertExmotion.
So as you can see above Global Snow free unity asset download has tons of features for you to explore right out of the box.
It’s worth while to point a few compatibility benefits of using global snow. VR is supported but only in Deferred mode with multi-pass stereo, to ensure it works correctly. Global Snow is compatible with both Xbox one and the PlayStation 4. Due the limitations in URP, this asset only works in the built in pipeline so it is not compatible with SRP/URP and HDRP. We do not recommend using global snow on mobile devices. Try this plugin with the topdown engine.
So what are you waiting for? Give your scene a winter theme look now with Global Snow!
When Downloading our assets here at get free unity assets we operate under a NON COMMERCIAL USE purpose. So please bare this in mind when you download “Global Snow“.
We do hope you have some fun with the Global snow unity package and as always don’t forget to show us your completed projects!
Like our content? Why not try something new and check out our other content
From The Get Free Unity Assets Team
Here at Get Free Unity Assets we aim to help games designers obtain the game assets they require to create their very own game. We do know creating games can be quite expensive, especially with all the unity packages available for download.
So we created this website to provide unity assets for free to our users. That’s right they are yours to download and use on your game projects. Please note though as part of our terms of service you can only use the assets found on this website for non-commercial purposes. If you wish to use them commercially you will need to source a full licence from the creator.
As for learning how to create your own games our free unity assets are perfect for beginners and advanced users alike so feel free to download them and use them. Please do remember to share with us your finished work, we love seeing new game content ideas.