Download Poly Few for Unity Game Engine
Mesh Simplifier and Auto LOD Generator for unity
Introducing Poly Few a unity asset that helps optimize your 3d Models. The performance of any 3d application is highly dependent on the total number of polygons that the GPU has to process per frame in a 3d scene. If you have a complex scene containing high polygon 3d models with a lot of meshes that use a lot of different materials, the overall performance of your game will suffer.
This is where Poly few comes into perfect use. It is a complete optimization solution for unity that aims to solve this problem by allowing you to optimize high quality complex 3d scenes. With integrated features like mesh simplification, automatic LOD generation, mesh merging, and material combining, you can greatly improve the performance of your game with a few clicks without the need of writing even a single line of code.
Such optimization techniques are especially useful when developing for resource constrained platforms like mobile phones or other low end devices. This can also help eliminate your expenses for artists.
Please note that from v7.63 onwards Auto UI Attaching has been completely removed. This means you have to manually add the PolyFew component in order to use it on a GameObject.
- Mesh simplification, Automatic LOD generation, Mesh combining, and Material combining in one package.
- Supports mesh simplification on the fly with a powerful runtime API.
- No coding knowledge is required. Use the full features of the tool in editor mode without writing even a single line of code.
- Supports simplifying both skinned and static meshes as well as meshes with 16 bit and 32 bit index formats.
- Supports simplifying complex nested object hierarchies as well as objects with sub- meshes and multiple materials.
- Supports combining both Static and Skinned meshes. Even supports combining rigged Skinned meshes and or Skinned meshes with blendshape/morph animations.
- Combine Materials using Texture Arrays. Only supports the Standard Shader (Specular and Non Specular setup)
- Texture Array based material combiner doesn’t suffer from the common problems of texture atlases like texture bleeding, resolution limitation, and no tiled texture support.
- Allows mass generation of LODs for multiple selected objects at once.
- Preserves texture mappings.
- Preserves animations on meshes. Even supports blend shapes.
- Options to preserve UV Seams, UV Foldovers, and Border Edges.
- Allows preserving certain areas of the model up to specified levels, while simplifying the rest of the model normally.
- Supports animated meshes.
- Packs everything in a convenient inspector window that pops up right under the components hierarchy.
- Visualize the changes before actually applying them.
- Undo / Redo the applied changes per object.
- All the source code is included without encapsulation using dll files or any other means.
- Includes editor tooltips for every control to ease understanding and usage of the tool.
A README file is included in the package to help understand the usage and the various options of this tool. A demo scene is also included to assist in learning the usage of the runtime API.
Please note that all versions of unity from 2017.0 and above are supported by PolyFew. It’s just that the asset store doesn’t allow uploading assets supporting unity editor versions below Unity 2018.4 LTS. If you want to use the asset in older versions of unity you can download PolyFew in a newer version of unity (2018.4 LTS and above) and copy the entire PolyFew folder into an older version.
When Downloading our assets here at get free unity assets we operate under a NON COMMERCIAL USE purpose. So please bare this in mind when you download “Poly Few“
If the link above is not working then please do try here.
We do hope you have some fun with this unity asset package and as always don’t forget to show us your completed projects!
If you Like our content then why not try something new and check our other free unity downloads